I knew this was likely to happen (and it’s already happened a couple of times this pregnancy), but I miss my harder workouts – or having the energy to workout at all! That’s one thing I am SO looking forward to in a couple of months – starting my workouts up again! I’ve also become aware of the fact that I’m definitely a summer warrior with working out! Winters have me wanting to cozy up and not really think about working out, but summers… the heat inspires me! I think it has a lot to do with my Vata constitution. On that note, if you haven’t played around with Dosha (doshi?) it’s intriguing and I feel like it really resonates in my life – I can see it play out daily!
Of Course, the weather here REALLY doesn’t hurt! It’s been sunny, warm, and beautiful.
Reflection in the car window – BEAUTIFUL weather!
So, If I could work out right now (bad idea at this point in my pregnancy!) I would:
Do a Hiit Workout, probably something a little like this one
(using my gymboss timer)
10 seconds x 30 seconds, 24 rounds:
1) Rear Lunge, jump up – Right Leg: lunge back with Right leg, bring right knee up and launch off of left (standing) leg.
2) Burpee: from standing position, put hands by feet, jump feet back, pushup, jump feet in, jump up.
3) Rear Lunge, jump up – Left Leg: same thing as #1, but the other leg.
4) Captain’s Chairs: From a balanced sitting position, straighten legs, lean back and pull knees back into chest.
5) alternating leg, 3-legged pushups: pushup with one leg off the ground, at the top of the plank, switch legs.
6) prisoner squats: Hands behind head, toes turned slightly out, squat down low, stand up.
7) dive bombers: From a pike position (downward facing dog), lower through arms, slide back up into upward facing dog then reverse the movement.
8) ‘climbing rope’: Lay on back, legs in the air. mimic climbing rope, alternating arms and reaching towards your toes.
I’d wake up early and do yoga tomorrow – which I could do anyway!
and Monday, I’d break out the Zumba dvds and dance my heart out!
As it is, I chased Declan around the park this morning and am doing my ‘sit on the couch’ workout right now! ;-)
Monkey did his couch climbers this morning, love that boy!
What are your fitness plans for the weekend? let me live vicariously! What’s your favorite workout?