It has been quite a week over here – nothing specific, just life as a mommy and singer leading up to Easter! Some highlights of the week:
- Overnight out of town with my hubby (and no toddler, my mom took him overnight for the first time) for our anniversary. We’ve been married for 3 years now and they are some of the most eventful and exciting years of my life! Love you, Captain Awesome!
- Warm weather! It’s been in the upper 70s/low 80s here all week! My little monkey is a fan because it means we’ve been going to the park a lot!
- This article on risky play that a friend shared. It really got me thinking about my helicopter parent tendencies
- The time I took Monkey to the park and knew I had chosen that park so that we could stop at Target on the way home and I completely forgot what I was going to get there, so we didn’t stop. (I remembered a couple hours later… EASTER EGGS and candy. hah!)
- Picking a toy for ‘baby brother’ with my big boy. Now I need to make a solo trip to get a present for big brother!
- 34 weeks!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, This pregnancy has been going by SO FAST!
- Baby’s First Haircut – He was NOT thrilled!
The cut is so cute though, and he looks so grown up now. <3
- A Date night before baby comes! We’re going to see H.M.S. Pinafore tomorrow night at a local company that I’ve sung with before. I (obviously) couldn’t be in it this year (so didn’t even audition), but I’m really looking forward to seeing friends shine onstage!
- Palm Sunday! It feels like Easter has snuck up on me this year, even thought it’s later in the year than usual!
Happy Friday all!
any fun plans for the weekend? How many spring anniversaries are there out there? How do you feel about risky play/helicopter parenting?